Nha Trang is a beach resort town on the coast of the South China Sea. Known for it’s sandy breaches, clear water, excellent scuba diving, and resort town feel, Nha Trang is a popular stop for backpacker’s along the Southeast Asia Circuit. Great food, cheap hotels, and plenty to do make this a backpacker’s haven.
Nha Trang is serviced by the nearby Cam Ranh International Airport, and is a stop on every hop-on/hop-off bus route though the country.
Things to do in Nha Trang
- Hit the beach- a multitude of beach resorts and clubs line the stretches of sand in and around Nha Trang. Many charge a ‘cover’ for beach access, but it’s worth it for the view and a frozen cocktail by the sea.
- Sail the islands- One of the more popular day trips in Nha Trang is to go on an island-hopping cruise, with snorkeling and scuba diving options available. Watch out for the Floating Bar...
- Get jiggy- several of the beach resorts and clubs double as nightclubs, with mad parties breaking out each and every night. Again, there’s usually a cover, but nothing crazy, and the party on the beach is definitely worth it.
- Visit Bamboo Island- Vinpearl is a massive resort and amusement park situated on Bamboo Island. You can access the island via the Vinpearl Cable Car.
- Trek to Long Son Pagoda- a giant seated Buddha looks out over the city, and there is a huge reclining Buddha as well. A little Vietnamese Buddhist culture for you.
- Eat a bowl of Bird’s Nest soup- yep, you read that right. Soup, made from a bird’s nest. Nha Trang is famous for it.
- Shop around before booking your island cruise. Compare prices and see what is offered. As always, you will have more bargaining power the larger your group is.